how can I convert dump volume tapes into dasd files on pc?

how can I convert dump volume tapes into dasd files on pc?

tohb165
hercules-390:

1. I have installed Hercules on winxp;

2. and I have full volume dump tapes of my mainframe volumes;

3. what is the next step?

any help?  thanks.

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

Re: how can I convert dump volume tapes into dasd files on pc?

somitcw
--- In [hidden email],
 "tohb165" <binhuang@2...> wrote:
> hercules-390:
> 1. I have installed Hercules on winxp;

   I assume that you installed a matching
release of CygWin.

> 2. and I have full volume dump tapes of
>my mainframe volumes;

   First you need to find out what
operating system that the disks came from
and what operating system you plan to use
them with under Windows.  You may need to
change the format of the dump to match
the system you intend to run.
i.e. MVS 3.8j does not support 3390-9 so
XMIT might be a better way to transfer
a data set.

> 3. what is the next step?

   Call IBM and check your licenses.