anyone answer my question on dataspace???

anyone answer my question on dataspace???

esnnzhen
here is the question:

address space "A" creates the dataspace, andpopulated it wth data;

address space "B" creates the dataspace, and "B" makes updates  to it;

address space "C" also uses this dataspace,

so how does address space B or C knows who has updated the dataspace ???

thanks guys !!!

btw same question for hiperspace !!!

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

Re: anyone answer my question on dataspace???

John-85
--- In [hidden email], "esnnzhen" <esnnzhen@y...> wrote:
> here is the question:
>
> address space "A" creates the dataspace, andpopulated it wth data;
>
> address space "B" creates the dataspace, and "B" makes updates  to it;
>
> address space "C" also uses this dataspace,
>
> so how does address space B or C knows who has updated the
dataspace ???

> thanks guys !!!
>
> btw same question for hiperspace !!!

Most dataspaces can only be updated by a program running in the address
space which created them. So, I assume that you have somehow created a
GLOBAL dataspace, or allowed other address spaces access to the given
data space.

In any case, a dataspace is simply memory. There is nothing in z/OS
which will "monitor" or "record" which address space actually updates
the data in a dataspace. The same goes for a hiperspace, which is
similar in concept to a dataspace. It is only memory. There is no way,
other than a PER SA trap, to tell who did what to a piece of memory.

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules