Turnkey VM/DOS/VS, problem starting SET DOS ON, filemodes

Turnkey VM/DOS/VS, problem starting SET DOS ON, filemodes

friedrichrepp
Hi,
I use VM/370 and DOS/VS "Fish" turnkey versions under Hercules
under CYGWIN.
1.All comes up well, but user MAINT cannot "SET DOS ON", see below
  (no storage sizes modified in either subsystems or .cnf's):
2.MAINT cannot ACCess any Mdisks with filemode other than B.
  (e.g. not H, T, ... or anywhat else).

MAINT:
ac 24d B                 (this is the DOS/VS SYSRES, Fritz)
B (24D) R/W - DOS
R;T=0.01/0.0313:25:53
set dos on B
DMSSET401S V.M. SIZE (1000000) CANNOT EXCEED 'CMSDOS' START ADDRESS
(1F0000).
CMS/DOS ENVIRONMENT NOT ACTIVE.
R(00040); T=0.01/0.0113:26:36
q stor
STORAGE = 16384K
R; T=0.01/0.01 14:39:37

Please, can anyone help me with good idea(s) ?
Thanks in advance.
Fritz

RE: Turnkey VM/DOS/VS, problem starting SET DOS ON, filemodes

Ivan Warren
> DMSSET401S V.M. SIZE (1000000) CANNOT EXCEED 'CMSDOS' START ADDRESS
> (1F0000).

The storage of the virtual machine should not exceed the address of the
CMSDOS shared segment.

If you intend to use VSAM and/or AM Services (aka AMSERV or IDCAMS), the
address should also be lower than CMSBAM, CMSVSAM and CMSAMS.

In your case (based on what the message shows), issue "CP DEF STOR 1984K"
followed by IPL CMS.

If you intend to rebuild the CMSVSAM, CMSBAM or CMSAMS segments, you should
build and use an alternate CMSDOS segment (typically named DOSINST). The
names of the DOS, VSAM, BAM and AMS segments are set by issuing (before
entering CMS DOS emulation) : "SET CMSXXX <SegName>" (ex: SET CMSDOS
DOSINST)

HTH,

--Ivan

Re: Turnkey VM/DOS/VS, SET DOS ok, but DSERV...

friedrichrepp
Thanks for the first, 1984K was OK,
but now DSERV crashes the MAINT user:

ac 24d b
'24D' REPLACES ' B (24D) '- DOS
B (24D) R/W - DOS
R; T=0.01/0.03 16:58:17
set dos on b                           (now OK !!!)
R; T=0.01/0.01 16:54:58
dserv cd (print
DMSITP143T ADDRESSING EXCEPTION OCCURRED AT FE5002 IN SYSTEM ROUTINE
SVC 0, RE-I PL CMS.
CP ENTERED; DISABLED WAIT PSW '00020000 4001AED6'

Do you have another idea ?
... and, to my 2. question, why I am not able to ACCess
... any minidisk with no other filemode than B and some
... prepared filemodes for the system (Y,S, A to G) ?

Thanks in advance
Fritz

--- In [hidden email], "Ivan Warren" <ivan@v...> wrote:
> > DMSSET401S V.M. SIZE (1000000) CANNOT EXCEED 'CMSDOS' START
ADDRESS
> > (1F0000).
>
> The storage of the virtual machine should not exceed the address of
the
> CMSDOS shared segment.
>
> If you intend to use VSAM and/or AM Services (aka AMSERV or
IDCAMS), the
> address should also be lower than CMSBAM, CMSVSAM and CMSAMS.
>
> In your case (based on what the message shows), issue "CP DEF STOR
1984K"
> followed by IPL CMS.
>
> If you intend to rebuild the CMSVSAM, CMSBAM or CMSAMS segments,
you should
> build and use an alternate CMSDOS segment (typically named
DOSINST). The
> names of the DOS, VSAM, BAM and AMS segments are set by issuing
(before
> entering CMS DOS emulation) : "SET CMSXXX <SegName>" (ex: SET CMSDOS
> DOSINST)
>
> HTH,
>
> --Ivan

Re: Turnkey VM/DOS/VS, SET DOS ok, but DSERV...

gm1mqe
--- In [hidden email], "friedrichrepp" <shrepp@t...> wrote:

> Thanks for the first, 1984K was OK,
> but now DSERV crashes the MAINT user:
>
> ac 24d b
> '24D' REPLACES ' B (24D) '- DOS
> B (24D) R/W - DOS
> R; T=0.01/0.03 16:58:17
> set dos on b                           (now OK !!!)
> R; T=0.01/0.01 16:54:58
> dserv cd (print
> DMSITP143T ADDRESSING EXCEPTION OCCURRED AT FE5002 IN SYSTEM
ROUTINE

> SVC 0, RE-I PL CMS.
> CP ENTERED; DISABLED WAIT PSW '00020000 4001AED6'
>
> Do you have another idea ?
> ... and, to my 2. question, why I am not able to ACCess
> ... any minidisk with no other filemode than B and some
> ... prepared filemodes for the system (Y,S, A to G) ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Fritz

> --- In [hidden email], "Ivan Warren" <ivan@v...> wrote:
> > > DMSSET401S V.M. SIZE (1000000) CANNOT EXCEED 'CMSDOS' START
> ADDRESS
> > > (1F0000).
> >
> > The storage of the virtual machine should not exceed the address
of
> the
> > CMSDOS shared segment.
> >
> > If you intend to use VSAM and/or AM Services (aka AMSERV or
> IDCAMS), the
> > address should also be lower than CMSBAM, CMSVSAM and CMSAMS.
> >
> > In your case (based on what the message shows), issue "CP DEF
STOR

> 1984K"
> > followed by IPL CMS.
> >
> > If you intend to rebuild the CMSVSAM, CMSBAM or CMSAMS segments,
> you should
> > build and use an alternate CMSDOS segment (typically named
> DOSINST). The
> > names of the DOS, VSAM, BAM and AMS segments are set by issuing
> (before
> > entering CMS DOS emulation) : "SET CMSXXX <SegName>" (ex: SET
CMSDOS
> > DOSINST)
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > --Ivan

You cant access drive letters like t,u,v etc as this version dosnt
support. to be able to use all the letters requires VM/SP (ore
perhaps SERPP or BSEPP)

Andy