Tun/tap and Tiger?

Adam Thornton
Has anyone braver than I am tried the new Tiger-compatible tun/tap
(http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/tuntap/) with Herc on Tiger
yet?

Adam

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

Re: Tun/tap and Tiger?

Jay Maynard
On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 01:27:12PM -0500, Adam Thornton wrote:
> Has anyone braver than I am tried the new Tiger-compatible tun/tap
> (http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/tuntap/) with Herc on Tiger
> yet?

Hangs at Hercules startup badly enough that a reboot is required to get rid
of the Hercules process. I'm working with Matthias to see if we can nail
down the problem.

There are two problems here: Hercules is issuiong a read before setting the
interface flags (including IFF_UP), and the driver is hanging when a second
read is issued. BOth are bugs.

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules