RE: Hercules question.

Hercules390 - General mailing list
All,

Does anyone have a list of all the available compilers (and latest compiler version #) that can be legally downloaded for free for MVS 3.8J.

I am interested in PL/1, Cobol, Fortran (both the Fortran G and Fortran H compilers), APL, Algol, Pascal, LISP, any others available, etc.

Thank you...

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.

RE: Hercules question.

Hercules390 - General mailing list
I think Jays list is pretty complete:-

http://www.jaymoseley.com/hercules/compilers/list_of.htm

Dave

G4UGM

RE: Hercules question.

You may note APL isn't on that list. That's because the MVT APL is one of
those MVT programs that doesn't work in MVS. Its available for download
here:-

http://wotho.ethz.ch/mvt4apl-2.00/

but note that includes a customised MVT to run it. APL is also available in
MTS. MTS also has some other compilers (Algol-W I think) and utilities (e.g.
CSMP/360) that are not available in MVS.

Dave

G4UGM

Re: Hercules question.

Not in Jay's list:

the New Stanford Pascal compiler (05.2017 version), available here:
http://bernd-oppolzer.de/job9.htm

and some background info and development blog:
https://www.facebook.com/StanfordPascal

Kind regards

Bernd

Am 11.06.2017 um 17:13 schrieb 'Dave Wade' [hidden email]
[hercules-390]:

> I think Jays list is pretty complete:-
>
> http://www.jaymoseley.com/hercules/compilers/list_of.htm
>
> Dave
>
> G4UGM

Thanks to Dave and Bernd for responding.

I'm going to install TK4 next weekend.  Would anyone know if TK4 includes the sort/merge utility, and which compilers it includes?

In the event TK4 doesn't include all these compilers, sort/merge, dependent older DASD mounts, and sample compile / run JCL and sample programs,
It would be really nice to have them added to TK4.

RE: Hercules question.

Hercules390 - General mailing list
Hi William

 TK4- includes most of the compilers from Jay's distribution, including sample programs (see SYS2.JCLLIB). It also includes Sort/Merge, but it should be noted that, at the current Update 08 level, it still is the original old sort/merge from MVT, which is very restricted in its capabilities.

 With the (sooner or later) upcoming Update 09 the original MVT Sort/Merge will be replaced by a massively refurbished version created by Tom Armstrong, which removes or at least relaxes many of the limitations of the old version and adds quite a few nice features. Also, Update 09 will have Bernd's new version of the Stanford Pascal compiler. So, stay tuned .

 Cheers
 Jürgen

On 11/06/2017 21:41, [hidden email] [hercules-390] wrote:

> With the (sooner or later) upcoming Update 09 the original MVT
> Sort/Merge will be replaced by a massively refurbished version created
> by Tom Armstrong, which removes or at least relaxes many of the
> limitations of the old version and adds quite a few nice features.
> Also, Update 09 will have Bernd's new version of the Stanford Pascal
> compiler. So, stay tuned .
>

> Cheers
>
> Jürgen

Looking forward to that. Thanks greatly for your efforts Jürgen.

Best wishes
Bill Turner (South Africa)