OT: JES2/JES3 source still in z/OS product?

OT: JES2/JES3 source still in z/OS product?

jeffsavit
Hi all,

I apologize for the off-topic request, but I'm hoping a Herculean who
is current with z/OS can answer the following:  Are JES2 and JES3
still available in source in current product, or did they go OCO?

thanks in advance, Jeff

PS: I had fun programming mods and user exits in both JES2 and JES3 -
but I liked JES2 much, much more, and of course VM much more than
that. Flame war time! :-)

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

Re: OT: JES2/JES3 source still in z/OS product?

John-85
--- In [hidden email], "jeffsavit" <jsavit@m...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I apologize for the off-topic request, but I'm hoping a Herculean who
> is current with z/OS can answer the following:  Are JES2 and JES3
> still available in source in current product, or did they go OCO?
>
> thanks in advance, Jeff
>
> PS: I had fun programming mods and user exits in both JES2 and JES3 -
> but I liked JES2 much, much more, and of course VM much more than
> that. Flame war time! :-)

You still get __most__ of the JES2 and JES3 source code. However,
certain modules have been released as OCO.

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

Re: OT: JES2/JES3 source still in z/OS product?

jeffsavit
Thanks for the update!  I guess that friends like HASPRDR, HASPPRPU
and so forth still are there for the many useful things you can do
with 'em.

--- In [hidden email], "bb5ch39t" <bb5ch39t@y...> wrote:

> You still get __most__ of the JES2 and JES3 source code. However,
> certain modules have been released as OCO.

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

Re: OT: JES2/JES3 source still in z/OS product?

rhtatum
Jeff,

Well, of course you liked JES2 much more - it was the descendent of HASP,
not that kludge ASP/LASP which was done to satisfy some marketing groups'
wet dreams. And HASP was done to rectify the really terrible things that
vanilla OS/360 did to/"for" IBM's 360 customers.

Hope this will start the trucks rolling to put out the fire(s) you may have
started 8-)).

Regards,
Ron Tatum

PS: And it's been claimed, correctly it would appear, that IBM probably
couldn't have developed MVS if they hadn't (the MVS developers, that is)
been able to run MVS in its infancy as a guest under VM ... now what we hear
is real gratitude it would seem.
> I apologize for the off-topic request, but I'm hoping a Herculean who
> is current with z/OS can answer the following:  Are JES2 and JES3
> still available in source in current product, or did they go OCO?
>
> thanks in advance, Jeff
>
> PS: I had fun programming mods and user exits in both JES2 and JES3 -
> but I liked JES2 much, much more, and of course VM much more than
> that. Flame war time! :-)
>

> Community email addresses:
>   Post message: [hidden email]
>   Subscribe:    [hidden email]
>   Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
>   List owner:   [hidden email]
>
> Files and archives at:
>
> Get the latest version of Hercules from:
>   http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules
> Yahoo! Groups Links

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules