OLTS tapes from CBT tapes (CPU diagnostics)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

OLTS tapes from CBT tapes (CPU diagnostics)

Hercules390 - General mailing list
Folks,
 

 I found OLTS tapes in Sam's tapes (CBT tapes website) through google search. Does anyone know how to run OLTS tape to test instructions on Hercules for diagnostic purposes? Which processors does OLTS support?

 

 With other diagnostics than OLTS tools, how do developers test instructions on their own emulator (Hercules)?
 

 Thanks,
 Tim

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list
 

Helo,
I need a correct defintion of a QETH Device in the hercules config-file.
Can anybody help me?
 
Best regards Michael

__._,_.___

Posted by: [hidden email]
Reply via web post [hidden email] [hidden email] Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Files and archives at:
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hercules-390

Get the latest version of Hercules from:
  http://www.hercules-390.org


.

__,_._,___
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list
 Try this;

http://www.vm.ibm.com/education/lvc/LVC1109C.pdf 
regards;

Rahim Azizarab
  

  

 

    On Monday, February 27, 2017 5:18 AM, "[hidden email] [hercules-390]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
 

     Helo,I need a correct defintion of a QETH Device in the hercules config-file.Can anybody help me? Best regards Michael  #yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169 -- #yiv9810864169ygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mkp #yiv9810864169hd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mkp #yiv9810864169ads {margin-bottom:10px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mkp .yiv9810864169ad {padding:0 0;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mkp .yiv9810864169ad p {margin:0;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mkp .yiv9810864169ad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-sponsor #yiv9810864169ygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-sponsor #yiv9810864169ygrp-lc #yiv9810864169hd {margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-sponsor #yiv9810864169ygrp-lc .yiv9810864169ad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169actions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169activity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169activity span {font-weight:700;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169activity span:first-child {text-transform:uppercase;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169activity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169activity span span {color:#ff7900;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169activity span .yiv9810864169underline {text-decoration:underline;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169attach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169attach div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169attach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169attach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169attach label a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv9810864169 blockquote {margin:0 0 0 4px;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169bold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169bold a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv9810864169 dd.yiv9810864169last p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv9810864169 dd.yiv9810864169last p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv9810864169 dd.yiv9810864169last p span.yiv9810864169yshortcuts {margin-right:0;}#yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169attach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169attach-table {width:400px;}#yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169file-title a, #yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169file-title a:active, #yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169file-title a:hover, #yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169file-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169photo-title a, #yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169photo-title a:active, #yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169photo-title a:hover, #yiv9810864169 div.yiv9810864169photo-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv9810864169 div#yiv9810864169ygrp-mlmsg #yiv9810864169ygrp-msg p a span.yiv9810864169yshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169green {color:#628c2a;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#yiv9810864169 o {font-size:0;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169photos div {float:left;width:72px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169photos div div {border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169photos div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169reco-category {font-size:77%;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169reco-desc {font-size:77%;}#yiv9810864169 .yiv9810864169replbq {margin:4px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mlmsg select, #yiv9810864169 input, #yiv9810864169 textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv9810864169 code {font:115% monospace;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-mlmsg #yiv9810864169logo {padding-bottom:10px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-msg p#yiv9810864169attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-reco #yiv9810864169reco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-sponsor #yiv9810864169ov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-sponsor #yiv9810864169ov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-sponsor #yiv9810864169ov ul {margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-text p {margin:0 0 1em 0;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}#yiv9810864169 #yiv9810864169ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {border-right:none !important;}#yiv9810864169

   
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re[2]: [hercules-390] QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list

Thank you. I Need a QETH Definition for Hercules Emulator, Not for Linux or zVM.

Best regards Michael



Gesendet von App von Mail.Ru für iOS


Montag, 27. Februar 2017, 13:52 +0100 von Rahim Azizarab [hidden email] [hercules-390]  <[hidden email]>:


> Try this;
>
>http://www.vm.ibm.com/education/lvc/LVC1109C.pdf

>
>regards;
>
>Rahim Azizarab
>  
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>On Monday, February 27, 2017 5:18 AM, "[hidden email] [hercules-390]" < [hidden email] > wrote:
>
>

>Helo,
>I need a correct defintion of a QETH Device in the hercules config-file.
>Can anybody help me?

>Best regards Michael
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Hercules390 - General mailing list


On 2/27/2017 12:13 PM, [hidden email] [hercules-390] wrote:
>
>
> Helo,
> I need a correct defintion of a QETH Device in the hercules config-file.
> Can anybody help me?
> Best regards Michael
>
It really depends on how you want to set up your OSA/QETH device.

The basic QETH definition in hercules.cnf would be :

CCUU.3 QETH (CCUU being the device address - and there needs to be 3
addresses per QETH adapter).

This will set up a basic QETH adapter (Whether it is a Layer 2 or Layer
3 adapter depends on how the device is opened by the OS).

The device emulated is a single port OSD device.

How this communicates with the underlying network depends on the OS
running hercules (Linux, Windows, Mac OS). Personally I use linux, and I
create a bridge between a pre-esablished TAP device and my ethernet adapter.

Note that you should use the latest installment of hercules since I have
recently done some critical change to properly handle QDIO Thin
Interrupts (There is no need for a TSCH when the device is a QDIO device
and the interrupt is a Thin Interrupt). Hyperion has it, Fish's fork
have it, not sure about Roger's Spinhawk.

--Ivan


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list


On 2/27/2017 4:59 PM, Ivan Warren [hidden email] [hercules-390] wrote:

>
> On 2/27/2017 12:13 PM, [hidden email] [hercules-390] wrote:
>>
>> Helo,
>> I need a correct defintion of a QETH Device in the hercules config-file.
>> Can anybody help me?
>> Best regards Michael
>>
> It really depends on how you want to set up your OSA/QETH device.
>
> The basic QETH definition in hercules.cnf would be :
>
> CCUU.3 QETH (CCUU being the device address - and there needs to be 3
> addresses per QETH adapter).
>
>
This is the comment in qeth.c :

/* hercules.cnf: */
/* 0A00-0A02 QETH <optional parameters>                              */
/* Default parm:   iface /dev/net/tun */
/* Optional parms: ifname  <name of interface>                       */
/*                 hwaddr  <MAC address>                             */
/*                 ipaddr  <IPv4 address and prefix length>          */
/*                 netmask <IPv4 netmask>                            */
/*                 ipaddr6 <IPv6 address and prefix length>          */
/*                 mtu <MTU>                                     */
/*                 chpid   <channel path id>                         */
/*                 debug */
/* */



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Hercules390 - General mailing list
Michael wrote:

> Helo,
> I need a correct defintion of a QETH Device in the
> hercules config-file. Can anybody help me?

  https://fish-git.github.io/html/hercconf.html#QETH


I have no tried it recently (busy with other things) but it *was* mostly working fine a few years ago with both native z/OS as well as with z/VM 5.3 using the following device statement:

  0400-0402  QETH  iface  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  chpid  F0

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the HOST's adapter that the emulation should use.

Be aware you need to make changes to your guest's TCP/IP configuration as well.  I forget exactly what they were but for z/OS it involved updates to not only the TCPIP PROFILE to specify use of a QDIO device (instead of the normal CTCI or LCS device) as well as updates to some VTAM members (TRL?).

For z/VM you needed to update some system configuration file to add a VSWITCH or something, as well as corresponding statements in the VM 'DIRECT'ory entry for the VM TCPIP machine (userid).

Hopefully someone else (Ivan? Peter?) will provide the details.

HTH

--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
Software Development Laboratories
http://www.softdevlabs.com
mail: [hidden email]




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list


On 2/27/2017 6:06 PM, ''Fish' (David B. Trout)' [hidden email]
[hercules-390] wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>> Helo,
>> I need a correct defintion of a QETH Device in the
>> hercules config-file. Can anybody help me?
>    https://fish-git.github.io/html/hercconf.html#QETH
>
>
Is Layer 2 QETH possible under Windows with your Trap/Inject method ?

--Ivan



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list


On 2/27/2017 6:21 PM, Ivan Warren [hidden email] [hercules-390] wrote:

>
> On 2/27/2017 6:06 PM, ''Fish' (David B. Trout)' [hidden email]
> [hercules-390] wrote:
>> Michael wrote:
>>
>>> Helo,
>>> I need a correct defintion of a QETH Device in the
>>> hercules config-file. Can anybody help me?
>>     https://fish-git.github.io/html/hercconf.html#QETH
>>
>>
> Is Layer 2 QETH possible under Windows with your Trap/Inject method ?
>
> --Ivan
>
>
I'm asking since I am seriously considering using available tun/tap
drivers for windows (for example the one provided by OpenVPN)...

I hate to ask since it would possibly put a dent in your business (and
it's not a licensing issue - since you have your own license and there
is a pre-req for the WinPCap driver).

--Ivan



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Hercules390 - General mailing list
Ivan asked:
> Fish wrote:

[...]
> > https://fish-git.github.io/html/hercconf.html#QETH
> >
> Is Layer 2 QETH possible under Windows with your Trap/Inject
> method ?

Yes.

In fact, so is layer 3.

The last time I tested all this Layer 2 was working on z/VM 5.3 and layer 3 was working on z/OS -- on Windows.

On Linux, as I recall, only layer 2 was working.

But as I said, that was several years ago.  I haven't had time to play around with it since then.

--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
Software Development Laboratories
http://www.softdevlabs.com
mail: [hidden email]




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Hercules390 - General mailing list
Ivan wrote:
> Ivan asked:

[...]
> > Is Layer 2 QETH possible under Windows with your Trap/Inject
> > method ?
>
> I'm asking since I am seriously considering using available tun/tap
> drivers for windows (for example the one provided by OpenVPN)...

Using the OpenVPN driver *might* be better than using the WinPCap driver, but I can't say for sure as I have not investigated (researched) what would be involved in switching over to using it instead.


> I hate to ask since it would possibly put a dent in your business

Maybe.  Maybe not.  It all depends on what's involved with communicating with the OpenVPN driver.

There will, after all, still be a need for some type of interface (handshaking) between Hercules and OpenVPN.  Whether that can be done entirely within Hercules or not remains to be seen.  I suspect that even with OpenVPN there's still going to be a need for some type of "glue" between Hercules and OpenVPN, but then that's just a guess at this point.


> (and it's not a licensing issue - since you have your own license
> and there is a pre-req for the WinPCap driver).

Licensing issue aside, the current WinPCap driver pre-req would simply be replaced with an OpenVPN pre-req with your way, so that wouldn't really change.  Users would still need to install *some* type of driver.  It would just be a different one, that's all (OpenVPN vs. WinPCap).

Plus, when you consider that WireShark -- which is a very handy and popular network troubleshooting tool on Windows -- currently requires WinPCap (and not OpenVPN), sticking with using WinPCap instead of OpenVPN becomes more compelling IMO.  <shrug>

Besides, there's more to providing Hercules networking than just installing a Windows device driver.  Even with OpenVPN you're still going to need to write some brand new Hercules networking diagnostic tools like my TTTest utility.

Unless you plan on leaving users high and dry in that regard?

Just some things to think about.

--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
Software Development Laboratories
http://www.softdevlabs.com
mail: [hidden email]




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list


On 2/27/2017 8:22 PM, ''Fish' (David B. Trout)' [hidden email]
[hercules-390] wrote:

> Ivan wrote:
>> Ivan asked:
> [...]
>>> Is Layer 2 QETH possible under Windows with your Trap/Inject
>>> method ?
>> I'm asking since I am seriously considering using available tun/tap
>> drivers for windows (for example the one provided by OpenVPN)...
> Using the OpenVPN driver *might* be better than using the WinPCap driver, but I can't say for sure as I have not investigated (researched) what would be involved in switching over to using it instead.
>
>
>> I hate to ask since it would possibly put a dent in your business
> Maybe.  Maybe not.  It all depends on what's involved with communicating with the OpenVPN driver.
>
> There will, after all, still be a need for some type of interface (handshaking) between Hercules and OpenVPN.  Whether that can be done entirely within Hercules or not remains to be seen.  I suspect that even with OpenVPN there's still going to be a need for some type of "glue" between Hercules and OpenVPN, but then that's just a guess at this point.

I pretty much suspect that the Windows OpenVpn tun/tap driver pretty
much mimics what is available under linux, that it can be created as a
persistent L2/L3 tunnel networking interface, can be bridged, etc... At
which point no no or a very thin glue code would be required (just a bit
of adaptation maybe). But I have no proof of this and I even wonder if
there is any documentation about how the OpenVpn tun/tap provided driver
works.

>
>> (and it's not a licensing issue - since you have your own license
>> and there is a pre-req for the WinPCap driver).
> Licensing issue aside, the current WinPCap driver pre-req would simply be replaced with an OpenVPN pre-req with your way, so that wouldn't really change.  Users would still need to install *some* type of driver.  It would just be a different one, that's all (OpenVPN vs. WinPCap).
>
> Plus, when you consider that WireShark -- which is a very handy and popular network troubleshooting tool on Windows -- currently requires WinPCap (and not OpenVPN), sticking with using WinPCap instead of OpenVPN becomes more compelling IMO.  <shrug>
The only difference is that WinPCap and the OpenVpn tun/tap drivers
serve different purposes. WinPCap is a capture/inject interface (and
require a physical interface), while the OpenVpn tun/tap driver is an
actual pseudo network interface which allow a user mode program to
inject/receive L2 or L3 packets/datagrams and interact with the host
networking stack or Windows bridging (the bridging, routing and whatnot
is still under user control which one may decide to route or bridge or
none of those - without any consideration with any actual physical
interface).
>
> Besides, there's more to providing Hercules networking than just installing a Windows device driver.  Even with OpenVPN you're still going to need to write some brand new Hercules networking diagnostic tools like my TTTest utility.
Not if the OpenVPN tun/tap is akin to the linux version. It is just a
network interface with a user mode read/write - no need for any diag
tool (because it just sends and receives packets/datagrams.. It doesn't
need to actually look at the packets - and will probably run in
promiscuous mode anyway).
>
> Unless you plan on leaving users high and dry in that regard?
>
> Just some things to think about.
>

Just thinking out loud man ;) Your solution has proven to be reliable
and functional for quite some time (For LCS, QETH, CTCI and MPCTC). I am
just thinking of alternate solutions and other options.

One issue I have with the WinPCap way is that it requires a physical
interface at some point, whereas a proper tun/tap solution doesn't (it
is a virtual network interface without any actual relation to a physical
interface unless it is configured to be).

You WinPCap solution is an obligatory bridge (you set the interface to
promiscuous mode, intercept packets, send them to hercules - and when
hercules sends a packet, you inject them unto the physical interface)...
a tun/tap solution is an optional bridge/router (it is either sent to
the Windows IP stack or if the interface is bridged to a physical
interface - it is sent there, or it not sent anywhere for local only
traffic).

The linux tun/tap interface (and possibly the OpenVPN Driver) is
flexible enough to do whatever we like (Routed, Bridged, Isolated )...
and supports 802.1q (VLAN), 802.3ad (Aggregation/Etherchannel/LACP)..
STP (to prevent bridge/switch loops) depending on the Windows bridging
support options, supports non IPv4/IPv6 Traffic in L2 mode...

--Ivan



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list
On 02/27/2017 01:56 PM, Ivan Warren [hidden email] [hercules-390] wrote:
>
>
> The linux tun/tap interface (and possibly the OpenVPN Driver) is
> flexible enough to do whatever we like (Routed, Bridged, Isolated )...
> and supports 802.1q (VLAN), 802.3ad (Aggregation/Etherchannel/LACP)..
> STP (to prevent bridge/switch loops) depending on the Windows bridging
> support options, supports non IPv4/IPv6 Traffic in L2 mode...
>
The OpenVPN driver can also be readily stripped down during installation
to only the required portion to support Hercules, and without source
code changes to OpenVPN.

Mark
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list


On 2/27/2017 11:09 PM, 'Mark L. Gaubatz' [hidden email]
[hercules-390] wrote:

>
>
> On 02/27/2017 01:56 PM, Ivan Warren [hidden email] [hercules-390]
> wrote:
>>
>>
>> The linux tun/tap interface (and possibly the OpenVPN Driver) is
>> flexible enough to do whatever we like (Routed, Bridged, Isolated )...
>> and supports 802.1q (VLAN), 802.3ad (Aggregation/Etherchannel/LACP)..
>> STP (to prevent bridge/switch loops) depending on the Windows bridging
>> support options, supports non IPv4/IPv6 Traffic in L2 mode...
>>
> The OpenVPN driver can also be readily stripped down during
> installation to only the required portion to support Hercules, and
> without source code changes to OpenVPN.
>
> Mark
>
Mark,

Can the tun/tap driver install be performed independently from OpenVPN ?
(the driver install would need to be independent because of driver code
signing requirement under Windows).

--Ivan


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list
On 02/27/2017 02:21 PM, Ivan Warren [hidden email] [hercules-390] wrote:
> > The OpenVPN driver can also be readily stripped down during
> > installation to only the required portion to support Hercules, and
> > without source code changes to OpenVPN.
>
> Can the tun/tap driver install be performed independently from OpenVPN ?
> (the driver install would need to be independent because of driver code
> signing requirement under Windows).
>
You "install" the OpenVPN package, but only select the driver during the
installation process.

Mark
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: QETH

Hercules390 - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Hercules390 - General mailing list
On 27/02/2017 18:29, Ivan Warren [hidden email] [hercules-390] wrote:
> I'm asking since I am seriously considering using available tun/tap
> drivers for windows (for example the one provided by OpenVPN)...
>

This is the way it should have been done right from the start. The original
plan was to use Cipe-Win32, which is what the OpenVPN tap driver is derived
from.

Roger
Hercules "the people's mainframe"


------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Files and archives at:
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hercules-390

Get the latest version of Hercules from:
  http://www.hercules-390.org


------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hercules-390/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hercules-390/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [hidden email]
    [hidden email]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
    https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

Loading...