Newbie Needs help with Hercules

Hercules390 - General mailing list
Newbie Needs help with Hercules version 3.11 Card Facility.
 Just installed Version 3.11 and using myMVS Configuration file.

 When I Send to Card Reader from Card Facility the JCL never gets executed or shows up anywhere.

 I cannot get a TSO session going either.

 Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Newbie Needs help with Hercules

Hercules390 - General mailing list
Hi ldwhaley,
This particular forum is not really the place for a question about the
myMVS product.  I would be more than happy to help via a PM if you wish.
But while I am here you might check the windows firewall and be sure
that this program is allowed network access.  From our previous messages
thru ebay I am wondering if you read and followed the instruction manual
provided. Using your web browser go to file menu in the upper left, then
open file, then navigate to the manual.html file and if the start-up
instructions are followed to the letter everything should work ok.  The
moderator of the forum may consider myMVS to be off-topic.

Regards

Buddy Bell

Thanks Buddy. Sorry about the unauthorized post, I did not know. Can you tell me where I could get help? I obviously need more help than I thought I would. Thanks. Lewis Whaley

Re: Newbie Needs help with Hercules

Hercules390 - General mailing list
I just created a new yahoo group for my products at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/VintageBigBlue/info https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/VintageBigBlue/info . You can join that group without needing any approval.  I will check for new postings several times a day and respond as soon as I am able. On your first message can you tell me how did you start/ipl MVS?  After normal ipl messages came to an end did you issue "S NET{enter}" and "S TSO{enter}".  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Buddy Bell