Network device number yellow

Hercules390 - General mailing list
Hello,

when in the command terminal I press escape, the devices show up.
When disks are used the the device number flashes yellow.

However I have a E20 device (config file line: 0E20.2  3088 CTCI
192.168.122.10 192.168.122.1)

Now  0E20 line shows up white

0E21 shows up continuous yellow;

What does this mean?   Does it mean there is a problem with the
'hardware' hercules config line?

(i can get a ping to 192.168.122.10 to local interface but not to
192.168.122.1 gateway)

KR,

Gert

Re: Network device number yellow

Hercules390 - General mailing list
The CTCI interface uses two subchannels: one for reading and one for
writing.  The subchannel that is used for writing will only show active
when a IP frame is being sent.  The subchannel for reading almost always
has a channel program running mostly waiting for a IP frame to show up
but is nevertheless busy.

This sounds normal to me.

Your ping issue is almost always a routing issue between the Hercules
guest, Hercules host and external devices.  The resolution is host OS
and environment specific.  You will need to provide a lot more
information to members of the group to sort out the ping issue.

I doubt it has anything to do with the subchannel activity reflected in
the device display.

Harold Grovesteen

On Sun, 2017-05-14 at 22:36 +0200, Truda [hidden email]
[hercules-390] wrote:

> Hello,
>

> when in the command terminal I press escape, the devices show up.
> When disks are used the the device number flashes yellow.
>
> However I have a E20 device (config file line: 0E20.2  3088 CTCI
> 192.168.122.10 192.168.122.1)
>
> Now  0E20 line shows up white
>
> 0E21 shows up continuous yellow;
>
> What does this mean?   Does it mean there is a problem with the
> 'hardware' hercules config line?
>
> (i can get a ping to 192.168.122.10 to local interface but not to
> 192.168.122.1 gateway)
>
> KR,
>
> Gert

Re: Network device number yellow

Hercules390 - General mailing list
OK tx

Just wanted to know that I am looking in the right direction. I will
search a little longer in order to come up with more intelligent questions.