How do I map a disk?

FailedProgrammer
Sorry if I used the wrong terminology. So I plan on adding many users to a vm370 and the current disk space I have is not enough. I know how to add more disks to the machine, but when editing the directory file, I know I need to say exactly what space in a disk is used for each mini-disk.

For example
//In one user
MDISK  199  3330  001 100  VM30-1
//In another user
MDISK  194  3330  101 100  VM30-1

I have to make sure that the space does not overlap, but is there a way to get information on what space on a disk was used or would I have to simply read the entire document and make note of what space is free?