Hercules AMD-64 problem

Alessandro Brezzi
Hi all,
I've rebuild the RPM for hercules 3.0.2 for my AMD-64. The rpmbuild -bb run
succesfull and the newly created package installed just fine but I've
support for 3270 and 3505:
 HHCCF042E Device type 3505 not recognized
HHCCF042E Device type 3270 not recognized
 What I've missed?
 Thank you

Alessandro Brezzi

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

RE: Hercules AMD-64 problem

"Fish" (David B. Trout)

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

RE: Hercules AMD-64 problem

Gary Brabiner
Alessandro,

When you have a feel for it, can you please tell me how fast Hercules runs
on an AMD-64? I am thinking of getting one for games and was wondering if it
would improve Hercules.

Regards, GaryB

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

RE: Hercules AMD-64 problem

Hall, Ken (GTI)
If you're building it anyway, look in the SPEC file for a line:

DESTPREFiX=%{_prefix} ./configure --prefix=${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_prefix} \
 --build=%{_target}

The problem is the lower case letter in the variable name.  (I THINK it was the 'i', but I'm not 100% sure.)

Anyway, change it to upper case and rebuild.  That fixes it.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

Re: Hercules AMD-64 problem

Mike Schwab
The bug in the RPM is documented in message 40678, copied here:

From: "Hall, Ken (IDS DCS PE)" <ken_hall@...>
Date: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:45 am
Subject: RPM bug in Linux version kehall77

Well, I had a few minutes, so I decided to have a look at the RPM. The problem
turned out to be even simpler than I thought. In the spec file:

DESTPREFiX=%{_prefix} ./configure --prefix=${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_prefix} \
--build=%{_target}

should be

DESTPREFIX=%{_prefix} ./configure --prefix=${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_prefix} \
--build=%{_target}

(Change lower case I in the variable name to upper case.)

Looks like Jay had a finger check.

On Apr 9, 2005 8:47 PM, somitcw <somitcw@...> wrote:

> The 3480 code is in the 3420 module so
> there is no need for a separate 3480 module.
>
> Until you point MODPATH to where the
> modules are or move the modules to where
> MODPATH points, they won't be loaded.
>
> I use Windows/Cygwin so my configuration
> file will not match yours. You may want to
> check:
> http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules/hercconf.html

<deleted>

--
Mike A Schwab, Litchfield IL USA
Home 1.217.324.7911 Work 1.217.785.8815

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

Re: Hercules AMD-64 problem

Alessandro Brezzi
Thank you Ken

 2005/5/24, Hall, Ken (IDS DCS PE) <[hidden email]>:

> If you're building it anyway, look in the SPEC file for a line:
>
> DESTPREFiX=%{_prefix} ./configure --prefix=${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_prefix} \
> --build=%{_target}
>
> The problem is the lower case letter in the variable name. (I THINK it was
> the 'i', but I'm not 100% sure.)
>
> Anyway, change it to upper case and rebuild. That fixes it.

  List owner:   [hidden email]

  http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules