Hercules 3.12 with intel compiler

Hercules390 - General mailing list
Guess what the Hercules I built with Visual Studio 2012 on my Windows 8.1 machine the Hercules.exe is 25,600 (I have some of my own code in there)

 On Windows 10 with the intel compiler 29,696 the way I know its intel  I  inserted __asm for debug 64 Microsoft doesn't allow that

Re: Hercules 3.12 with intel compiler

On 4/21/2017 1:25 AM, [hidden email] [hercules-390] wrote:

> Guess what the Hercules I built with Visual Studio 2012 on my Windows
> 8.1 machine the Hercules.exe is 25,600 (I have some of my own code in
> there)
>

> On Windows 10 with the intel compiler 29,696 the way I know its intel
> I  inserted __asm for debug 64 Microsoft doesn't allow that

Joe,

What do these figures represent ? Are these the size of the executable ?

They represent very little value. The bulk of the hercules code is in
hengine.dll

--Ivan

Re: Hercules 3.12 with intel compiler

Hercules390 - General mailing list
In that case intel/windows 10 4,751,360 VC++ windows 8.1 4,755,968

This is debug/X64

Basically just googling says that for plain ( non windows code ) I guess like hercules intel is faster
+ you can write inline Assembler under 64 bit

For Windows type programs VC++ is better faster