Has anyone used CTCI-WIN with Windows 10

Has anyone used CTCI-WIN with Windows 10

Hercules390 - General mailing list
I think there is a new WinPcap Driver Win10Pcap

 http://www.win10pcap.org/ http://www.win10pcap.org/

Re: Has anyone used CTCI-WIN with Windows 10

Hercules390 - General mailing list
I'm using this version on WIN10:    WinPcap 4.1.3

Re: Has anyone used CTCI-WIN with Windows 10

Hercules390 - General mailing list
That's what I have wincap version  maybe it's some update i.e. Windows update

> I'm using this version on WIN10:    WinPcap 4.1.3

Re: Has anyone used CTCI-WIN with Windows 10

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 10:54 PM, [hidden email] [hercules-390] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think there is a new WinPcap Driver Win10Pcap
>

> http://www.win10pcap.org/

Hrm. I always thought the 'successor' to winpcap was 'npcap'...

https://nmap.org/npcap/

- Maarten

Joe Reichman wrote:

> I think there is a new WinPcap Driver Win10Pcap
>
> http://www.win10pcap.org/

PLEASE NOTE that using Win10Pcap instead of WinPCap is UNSUPPORTED.  CTCI-WIN is only designed to work with WinPCap, not Win10Pcap.

And to answer your question posed in your Subject, yes.  I myself as well as others have used CTCI-WIN on Windows 10 just fine.  Both Professional as well as Enterprise.

For those using VMware however, please take not of the following:

VMware ESX Considerations

If the Windows system where you plan to run CTCI-WIN is a VMware virtual machine running under VMware Workstation, then CTCI-WIN and Hercules networking should work just fine.

If the Windows system where you plan to run CTCI-WIN is a VMware virtual machine running under VMware ESX however, then you will need to first configure your portgroup or virtual switch policy to allow promiscuous mode before CTCI-WIN will work properly.

Refer to the following VMware KB articles for more information:

1004099 ("Configuring promiscuous mode on a virtual switch or portgroup") https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?externalId=1004099&cmd=displayKC

1002934 ("How promiscuous mode works at the virtual switch and portgroup levels") https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?externalId=1002934&cmd=displayKC

1023341 ("Identifying virtual machines attempting to use promiscuous network mode on ESX/ESXi") https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/search.do?externalId=1023341&cmd=displayKC

--