HHCCD193E file[0] uncompress error trk 521

HHCCD193E file[0] uncompress error trk 521

Yves Lederrey
About one week ago, I had to temporarily stop my tests with
Hercules. In order not to get any problem later on, I've saved (with
a single copy operation, not a zip) all my "disks" to another unit.

I just want to restart these tests, and, when IPLing my Hercules
environment, I get the above mentioned error message. The same
occurs with the restored disk-images.

Also, since this unit is my SYSRES disk, I come very soon to a
Disabled Wait State

HHCCP011I CPU0000: Disabled wait state
          PSW=000A0000 8000102E

The MVS message states that the PLPA Page Data Set is bad:

IXL011I XES HARDWARE SUPPORT IS NOT INSTALLED.  REASON: 02
ILR008W PLPA   PAGE DATA SET ON VOL MVSV5R BAD, ASM WAIT02E  RSN=01

Is there any mean to repair the disk-file ? or will I have to rerun
all the activity from a previous status : some hours that could be
avoided :-(

Also, is there any mean to check the other disks (16 volumes).

Two of these "disks" have a name like "volser.3380-t.comp-z"
where volser = volume serial and
      t = e, d

and 14 have a name like "volser.3380-t.alts.comp-z"
where volser = volume serial and
      t = a, k
      alts = means that they have alternate cylinders

All of them have been defined to use the zlib compression.

Thanks for your help

Yves

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EA3HyD/3MnJAA/79vVAA/sVPplB/TM

Re: HHCCD193E file[0] uncompress error trk 521

somitcw
   It is not uncommon for a PLPA to go bad.
I always rebuild on every IPL with a: R 00,CLPA

   You could drop it out of the page data sets or
switch it with one of your local page data sets.

   Why do you have PLPA on SYSRES?  Weird.

--- In [hidden email],

--- In [hidden email], "somitcw" <somitcw@c...> wrote:
>    It is not uncommon for a PLPA to go bad.
> I always rebuild on every IPL with a: R 00,CLPA

Although not uncommon, I've seen it rarely ! But this time... even
the CLPA reply does not work: everything is blocked !

>    You could drop it out of the page data sets or
> switch it with one of your local page data sets.

Well! But I should first be able to IPL !

>    Why do you have PLPA on SYSRES?  Weird.

Weird ! I agree ! But this SYSRES has been configured by IBM !

Any idea about a possible repair tool (or repair strategy)?

Yves

http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/sVPplB/TM

Re: HHCCD193E file[0] uncompress error trk 521

somitcw
   The CLPA must have worked perfectly or you
would have posted specific messages to indicate
a minor problem that is easy to get around.

   Do not IPL the only copy of bad disk volumes.

   You only need three page data sets to IPL.
Don't use the bad PLPA.  If you don't want to
type the entire PAGE= parameter on IPL, use
ZSSA to update IEASYSxx.

   Another option is to format the PLPA data
set.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TzSHvD/SOnJAA/79vVAA/sVPplB/TM