Fw: Yale renames Calhoun College for Grace Murray Hopper

Fw: Yale renames Calhoun College for Grace Murray Hopper

Hercules390 - Vm mailing list
A recent post on The IBM z/VM Operating System [hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]>  mailing list:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017, Chip Davis wrote:

> Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:54:26 -0500

> From: Chip Davis <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> >

<mailto:[hidden email]> >

> To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

> Subject: Yale renames Calhoun College for Grace Murray Hopper

> Yale has announced that it will change the name of its Calhoun College to
the

> Grace Murray Hopper College.

http://news.yale.edu/2017/02/11/yale-change-calhoun-college-s-name-honor-gra
ce-murray-hopper-0

> Here is a charming "60 Minutes" interview from 1983:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-60-minutes-interview-with-grace-murray-hop
per

> I met her accidentally and very briefly in 1989 while teaching Rexx at the

> North Island Naval Air Station in San Diego.  She was there (I gather)

> because they had opened a "Grace Murray Hopper Museum" in a small room in
the

> Training Center.  It's now an entire building.

> I was star-struck and she was gracious in that steel-magnolia way of many
of