Does CTCI-WIN Support Wireless USB Adapters

Does CTCI-WIN Support Wireless USB Adapters

Hercules390 - General mailing list

     Hi

 I just installed The latest CTCI-WIN on my new machine bought up Hercules

 saw that tuno was opened successfully  and when I pinged the Hercules ip address it time out.

 I have wireless TP-LINK USB adapter, don't know if its supported

 P.S.

 Fish per your instructions I gave Sam my code don't know if he has contacted you as yet

Re: Does CTCI-WIN Support Wireless USB Adapters

Hercules390 - General mailing list
Generally not.  Usually need a lan connection.  Multiple operating systems
need multiple IP addresses.  Wireless card generally will only receive 1 IP
address and ignore the rest.  Otherwise other people nearby could watch
your traffic.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA

Re: Does CTCI-WIN Support Wireless USB Adapters

Hercules390 - General mailing list
That's wasn't the problem I tried with a wired connection and after bringing up hercules
Pinged the hercules ip and didn't get a response

My connection was working under Windows 8.1

I downloaded fish's latest CTCI-WIN I guess I need to contact fish

Joe Reichman
8045 Newell St Apt 403
Silver Spring MD 20910
Home (240) 863-3965
Cell (917) 748 -9693

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 1:58 AM, Mike Schwab [hidden email] [hercules-390] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Generally not.  Usually need a lan connection.  Multiple operating systems need multiple IP addresses.  Wireless card generally will only receive 1 IP address and ignore the rest.  Otherwise other people nearby could watch your traffic.
>
>> On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 3:37 PM, [hidden email] [hercules-390] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>     Hi
>>

>> I just installed The latest CTCI-WIN on my new machine bought up Hercules
>>

>> saw that tuno was opened successfully  and when I pinged the Hercules ip address it time out.
>>

>> I have wireless TP-LINK USB adapter, don't know if its supported
>>

>> P.S.
>>

>> Fish per your instructions I gave Sam my code don't know if he has contacted you as yet
>>

> --
> Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA
> Where do Forest Rangers go to get away from it all?

RE: Does CTCI-WIN Support Wireless USB Adapters

Hercules390 - General mailing list
[...]
> I guess I need to contact fish

Or read the Help file.